10/2 AWG marine grade wire is a flat duplex 2 conductor wire features flexible, tinned copper stranding which is ideal for your boat wiring needs. Our boat wire is made in the USA and meets ABYC and US Coast Guard specifications while UL listed as UL1426 Boat Cable. The maximum allowable amperage of 10/2 AWG marine grade primary wire is 60 amps outside of engine spaces and 51 amps inside the engine space.
This wire has a white overall jacket with Red and Black conductors typically used in DC (direct current) wire installations. The red wire is for positive runs and the black is for negative and the benefit of having both conductors in one cable is simplified installation where there are both positive and negative connections close by. The outer jacket can be removed to expose the leads on the ends of the wire and run them to separate locations.
- Finely stranded tinned copper conductor (Type III)
- Color coded PVC insulation (See chart for specifics per gauge)
- Temperature Range: -20C to 105C
- Voltage Rating: 600V
- Resistant To: Acid, Alkalis, Abrasion, Flame, Gasoline, Oil, Ozone, Moisture, Fungus
- Connecting equipment to switches, terminal blocks or busbars
- Lower amperage requirement devices
- Exceeds automotive SAE wiring requirements
- Also great for Tractor Trailers, Golf Cart, RV's and off road vehicles
- Excellent choice for Marine Grade Speaker Wire
MARINE SPEAKER WIRE SIZE vs LENGTH CHART/TABLE:
(thanks to reccommendations from http://www.audioholics.com/audio-video-cables/speaker-cable-gauge)
|Wire Gauge (AWG)
||Maximum Distance in Feet